We provide a rich well resourced environment with exciting and challenging activities which will encourage children to explore and learn through play.
The environment plays a key role in supporting and developing a child’s learning and development. It is through play that children learn, intellectually, social, emotional, physical and creative skills.
We provide a wide range of well planned activities to meet the needs of all children. Staff continually observe and reflect on children while in spontaneous play and plan activities to help develop further.
Our key principals, which all our staff work to, are:
- Every child is unique - Every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured – but they each do it in their own time and way.
- Building positive relationships - Your child will learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships and with encouragement will become familiar with books as a source of stories and pictures.
- Providing an enabling environment - Our pre-School environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children’s development and learning.
- Learning and development - Each child's progress is individual and they do not make progress in all seven areas of the EYFS at the same time.
We also implement the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) supporting children in the seven areas of development:
- Physical Development
- Personal Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Special Educational Needs
Children with special educational needs are welcome to attend the Pre-school. We have a special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO), who is available to work with the child’s parents/carers and other outside agencies to meet that child’s specific needs.